Monday 10 August 2015

Fancy Moneta

Yes. It's another Moneta. No, I am not sick of this pattern. Also. Getting from making this dress to actually blogging about it took me eight months. Uhhhmn, sorry?


This is my eight Moneta (Shoutout to one, two, three and four, five, six, seven.) so there's not much to say about it. It's a collarless size M with 3/4 sleeves. The fabric is a knit and lace combo where the lace is attached on the solid knit with an adhesive. I found it in the remnant bin that is next to the register at the fabric shop. They REALLY need to move that thing. It's not good for my wallet and stash diet.


I made the dress for a New Year's party at our place. I mean who doesn't want to look fancy as hell but still feel like wearing PJ's? However the idea to make the dress came to me on the 31st of December when I had one hour left until the end of the work day. But that didn't scare me. I have made this dress a bunch of times in the past so I know it's a quick project. And I already had black thread on my machine and serger. Win-win. I quickly cut it out and threw it under the machines. One hour and 15 minutes later, I was done. This is why TNT patterns are awesome.


I love-love-love this dress. Ever since I have worn it what feels a million times and I'm sure I'll wear it a million times more until it fades out and falls apart. It's so easy to throw on, put a belt on it and look like a million bucks.

2 comments: