Wednesday 30 July 2014

OAL: Simplicity 1803 and Myrna Cardigan

Time to reveal my makes for the Outfit Along hosted by two amazing gals: Lauren and Andi. For my outfit I used the "official" patterns which were Simplicity 1803 and the Myrna cardigan.

I'm not trying to act like a model and strike a strange pose. I just took my hands
from covering my eyes, it was bright and my eyes were closed on the rest of the
pictures.
Let's talk about the dress first. I went for view A with cap sleeves and I cut out size 12. I made a wearable muslin for it(soon to be blogged) and saw that it was a near perfect fit, I only needed to take in the yoke by 1cm from both sides. Other than that it was perfect.


The dress came together quite quickly as I tried to sew as many seams in one go as possible. I put in the pockets because pockets are the best thing ever in dresses. So comfy! I also used invisible zipper. To hem the sleeves and bottom of dress I used rolled hem. All the seam allowances are serged.

The fabric is 100% viscose and very lightweight and I am obsessed with it, it's so soft and flowy and dreamy. I'm seriously considering using it to make all my clothes with it until the rest of my life. I'd probably live until the first cold weathers this winter but....worth it!


Myrna cardigan awesome. It's knit from shoulder down and it was a whole new concept for me in knitting. I had never seen or heard of this method and when I started to knit the cardigan, I got a bit confused but I decided to just blindly follow the directions and hope for the best.

For knitting I used an acrylic yarn with the slightest hint of shimmer from my stash so I could kill two flies with one stone: Knit the Myrna and be true to my yarn stash busting pledge I mentioned here. It's a super soft yarn and it feels like a dream. Tho I haven't actually worn it yet as it has been too hot for that here. I put it on for 5 minutes during the photoshoot and I was dying in it. It was around 30 degrees Celcius and a cardigan was not something I needed to have on my body. But no pain, no gain, eh?



I love both of these patterns and I am sure that I will make them many more times. Besides there are two more neckline versions for the dress I haven't tried yet so... :)


This post has been linked up in Simple Simon & Co Sewing Saturdays

2 comments:

  1. lovely outfit! that neckline looks really cool - it's nice to have a pattern with lots of options so you can make it many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! It's like getting three patterns for the price of one. And if you use the one pattern insane amounts of times but different versions of it, no one will be any wiser, haha :)

      Delete