So I made a pledge to myself that I mentioned in this post. Use up all the yarns in my stash in the next 12 months. So far it has been going well. Though it has backfired just a bit. I've discovered that for most of the projects I would love to make I don't have the same yarn, so I've been buying more yarns to finish the projects with matching yarns(DOH). I think I really do have a problem.
First project I've finished is the Ocean Tranquility Afghan.
I made a small change to the pattern but it's not a big change but I like it better this way.
It was an easy project to get back on the track and dust off my crocheting skills. I used 2,5mm hook instead of 4,5mm hook and my afghan ended up being significantly smaller than the pattern stated. But in my defense the biggest hook I had was 2,5mm and I wanted to get started RIGHT NOW and not a second later and all craft shops were closed. Soooo....impatience at its finest.
I made it from acrylic yarn that's super soft and I think it's meant for making things for babies(the drawing of a baby and writing "Super baby" is a huge hint as well)
I used up somewhere about 1200m of the yarn, so I really did some work here. That's like 1100m more than I am capable of running without dying five times so...I did good I think/hope