Monday 4 July 2016

Linen Clover Dress

SHE'S ALIVE!!!! Time has been running away from me like Sonic the Hedgehog recently. How have you been? It's so good to be back!

Today I'd like to show you a fun and cool summer dress I made for myself. 


This is a bright linen Clover Dress (pattern by Papercut Patterns). For my version I cut out size S, even though based on my measurements I should have cut size M, but after I looked at the finished measurements, I saw that with the ease S would fit me better.


The fabric is a border print linen that I scored from the remnant bin last spring. I decided to place my pattern widthwise instead of lengthwise on the fabric so I could play around with the lovely pattern. One side of the fabric had flowers and other had blurred wide strips of red, black and cream color. Due to not having enough yardage to cut out the dress in full hem width, I slightly reduced the width gradually. 


I love wearing this dress with a little black belt. The semi loose fit is great for the summer heat and the linen fabric allows my skin to breathe and is nice and cool to wear. While sewing I thought that I might have gone too far with the bright colors and colorblocking but in the end it doesn't even matter it turned out great.


5 comments:

  1. You used the colors on the fabric for maximum effect. What a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your dress is fabulous. I love the colour blocking. It fits you so well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice your blog and article. I like this blog thank for sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete