Thursday, 12 May 2016

Spotty Bronte Top

This is my first encounter with the Bronte Top pattern. I bought it many moons when it was a part of Perfect Pattern Parcel and kind of forgot about it. However being on a pattern buying ban I've started to look more seriously at what I already have and stumbled upon many patterns I have in my computer but have not printed out.

For my version I cut out size 14 in the bust and 12 in the waist and hips. I used a cotton jersey fabric from my stash. I bought the fabric about two years ago from Abakhan where I dug it out of a remnant bin. The pattern sewed up quite fast and I like the final result. However I am not in love with it. Maybe because there's not contrasting or details that pop out and it's not 100% me. I don't know. I'll try some contrasting next time and see what I think.

If you're thinking this skirt looks familiar and are not sure where you've seen it, it's the skirt I made for the Ulyana Sergeenko Challenge. But I've now shortened it. I realized that there's no place for a maxi skirt in my life and I rarely wore it. But since shortening it, it has been in constant rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment