Tuesday 16 February 2016

Yellow Dream- A self drafted dress

Happy Tuesday! Today I have a simple yet beautiful dress to share with you. 


This is a dress with a fitted princess seamed bodice, gathered skirt and cap sleeves I made last summer for a customer who said she was in the fabric shop, saw this fabric and simply could not leave it behind.


The pattern is self drafted and this shape seems to have become the most popular look in my studio for both selfish and commissioned sewing.


I finished the raw seam allowances with my overlocker and sewed a facing to the neckline. To finish the armholes, I sewed the cap sleeves to the armscye, overlocked the sleeve head and finished the bottom of the armhole with a bias tape. The sleeve and hem of the dress are finished with a rolled hem. And the dress fastens with an invisible zipper in the center back.


I hope this splash of yellow brightens up your week. I am desperately craving some sun and summer and it definitely is showing on my sewing project prep list. I have been prepping and cutting future makes like there's no tomorrow and I would be lying if it weren't mostly bright and summery.

No comments:

Post a Comment