Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Tour of Hopping Blogs.

Wait? What? That's not what it's called. Boo. This sounds more fun. Anyways. I was nominated by the lovely Nicoletta to answer a few questions in the Blog Hop Tour. It's a little game to get to know each other a little better and find new blogs you might not have heard of before and get some fresh blood in your blog feed. And who doesn't love new fresh content to read? So I thought about the questions and let's get crackin' on the answers! Yeee-haw

What are you currently working on?


This blog post. Har-har. Me so funny. Me make joke. Har-har. Actually I am currently working on a pair of Jedediah pants for Mr.Man. Hopefully they turn out great *fingers crossed*

Pockets


What makes your work different from the others?



What is the meaning of life? What makes you YOU? Well. I don't know. Okay-okay, I know there's a rumor that the meaning of life is 42, but whatever. This is actually something I have never thought about. I just work on whatever dumb idea pops up in my head, try to make it perfect and enjoy the process. I think everyone's work is different in some way and that is the magic of sewing. You can take two people, give them both the same pattern and fabric and still end up with different results and that is astounding. I think as long as you put a little piece of yourself in your work, enjoy it and don't try to be anyone else but you, your work will be special in its own little way. But I have no idea what it is exactly that makes what I do different from what others do. That's because I put a different side of me into my work with each project. And if you'd ask me what pieces of me I have poured into my work, I would look like a fish out of water because defining my thoughts and personality is one of the things I have always struggled with.



Why do you do what you do?



It's either deep passionate love for the art of sewing or the fact I am deeply disturbed and should be put into a white padded room. Or both. Why else would someone spend day after day poking themselves with tiny needles, stay up late at night thinking about what they could make next, spend enough money to buy a trip to the Bahamas on fabrics and notions but never use them, stab themselves with scissors, burn their fingers and I'm not even going to go to the dark corner of print matching. I think everyone who loves to sew are a little bit messed up in the head. But the heart wants what it wants and I want to sew. Even if sometimes I am so frustrated I want to cry. But in the end it is insanely rewarding and I wouldn't change it for the world.



How does your creative process work?



What I think what happens is my brain thinks "Hey, let's make her go a little more insane with the next idea I have", then it feeds me an idea and I latch on to it and don't let go until I make it happen in real life. And that is pretty much what really does happen. I either get an idea lying in bed at night, browsing the internet or looking at some piece of fabric or find a pattern that makes my brain run with all sorts of different ideas. And once I get an idea I love, I'm not going to let it go. I'm not Elsa and I am going to keep that sucker in my brain until I have it on the table and later on my body. Because I am stubborn and don't know how to compromise with myself.



I guess that's it. Time to nominate three other bloggers who I would like to share what goes on in those pretty little heads.. I nominate
Kate from Thistle&Bean and
Cerian from Cerian's Creations

No pressure, ladies. Take your time :)



4 comments:

  1. so hilarious! didn't know about the other blogs you mentioned: going and check them right away! I love this blog hopping thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Looking forward to reading your post! :)

      Delete