Friday 22 April 2016

Folded Squares Cardigan

I can't seem to catch a break. After a period of feeling down and unmotivated, I get a writer's block.  You know the feeling when you upload the pictures for a post and then when it comes to writing, you come up empty? Yeah, that feeling. Guess I just have to power through and write something. Anything, really. 

This is the Folded Squares Cardigan a free pattern from Purl Soho. And just like writing this post, knitting it took FOREVER. Mindless knitting with no charts or patterns to follow. But in the end I have a soft and snuggly cardigan, so I guess win? I like to wear it on those days when I can't get warm no matter what I do and feel like wearing a blanket. Cause that's what this is. A woolen knit blanket with sleeves. I know the pattern suggests a bamboo yarn, but let's face it, I'm not rich enough to buy bamboo yarn for a huge cardigan/blanket. So I used a woolen yarn.


On the pattern pictures the model is wearing the cardigan loose with the collar area flat. I've found that it's not really comfortable like that and feels like it's falling off any minute. So I've started to fold the collar so it creates a little shawl collar and the shoulders move up to where they are supposed to be. This makes the sleeves shorter than on the pattern pictures, but hey, I'm not a fan of full length sleeves these days anyways. Give me a good 3/4 length sleeve and I'm a happy camper.


So that's it. Me in my little blanket cardigan. I'd also like to say that I'm taking part of Me-Made-May again this year and you can follow my month on Instagram. I will do a roundup post of my month after the schenanigans are over.

1 comment: