Tuesday 3 June 2014

About me

Well hello there. I am Fooniks. I'm a tailor/seamstress in her early 20's. I come from a very little country in Northern Europe. For as long as I remember I've been drawn to sewing and crafts. When I graduated from high school, I wanted to go and study restoration but sometimes life has other plans for us and I ended up taking a break from all things related to school for a year after graduation and I spent that year on soul searching. One day when I was behind my sewing machine again, I had an epiphany and decided that I would go and study sewing as a profession.

Fast forward four years. I graduated from a trade school in June 2013 and now I work as a seamstress in a very small(but cozy) town. Due to reasons(and opportunities), I opened my studio and I'm my own boss. After spending  a lot of time browsing through various sewing blogs anonymously, I decided to start my own blog to share my journey with everyone.

A little more about me. My real name is not Fooniks(obviously). I decided that I wanted to keep my blog separate from my work because this something I wanted to do for myself. And because of that I decided to use the name I usually use as my gamertag/alias when I'm gaming. Yes. I play all sorts of computer games. I guess I'm a bit of a nerd and there's nothing to be ashamed about that. I am also very detail oriented and I always aim for perfection. I often take on too much and feel like I have to do everything right now.

I aim to make my blog into a positive environment and share my thoughts and feelings about the things I've made. English is not my first language and for that reason I might not know all the proper terms in English. But I'm trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can.

If you want to chat with me, know more about me, have a suggestion to make, or to send me a picture about puppies, you can contact me via email
I'm also available at Twitter, Instagram and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment