Friday 7 March 2014

Miserable and wouldn't change it for anything.

Heya!

This week(and for some more time) I am miserable in my studio. But as it's all a part of a bigger, more awesomener and better picture, I can't really complain. I'll give you a sneek peek at what I am working on(well..one of the things I am working on...)
This thing will be my undoing. Actually it's two garments but they are the same when it comes to the pattern. A week ago a woman came to me and wanted me to oomph up her two coats. This means that I am now working on fake fur and genuine leather. And for some odd reason. I am allergic to sewing leather(not wearing, but sewing!!) I can wear leather, but when I'm sewing it, my nose starts to think that it is actually a garden hose and let's just say that I sneeze more than an average dog barks in a day. Weird, I know. And if I have fur or fake fur or anything like that around my face, my nose starts to itch. I have a weird nose and I need a new one!

But I kind of like how the coats are transforming and I think the end result will be quite eye catching. Can't wait to finish it! :)

Do you have any materials your body refuses to work with? What kind of fabrics do you avoid like it has the leprosy?


***
Fooniks
***

2 comments:

  1. Hope you'll be showing off the results of the revamp to the coats, I'd love to see a before & after! My material nemesis is silk --- can't wear it, can't sew it. Makes me very itchy, watery-eyed and so sneezy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely dedicate a whole new post for this nightmare of a project once it's done(unless I have scratched my eyes out :P

      Does it apply to 100% silk or to blends as well?

      Delete