Hi peeps! I've been trying to think of an introduction for this post for the last 30 minutes without coming up with anything to say. So I guess let's get right to the thing I wanted to share with you.
It's my second Bruyére (see the first here). I made it from a silky rayon with tiny adorable zebras. I mean what's not to love about a fabric that feels nice and has animals on it. C'mon. I cut out size 42 again, but I made the alterations I needed to the sleeve(took in 1cm from each side so 2cm in total), took in the front waistband by 1,6cm, shortened the shoulder by 1cm. I didn't change the dart shape under the bust because I didn't sew the darts. I was scared that the darts would have too much pressure on them and the fabric wouldn't be able to cope with it. So all the darts are pleats(yay for skipping steps)
This time I went the extra mile and french seamed all the seams. I think with a fabric like this french seams look much nicer. I mean I paid 24€/m for it. Better not mistreat the fabric.
For some reason the cuffs bend in a weird angle and are almost curved, not sure why. And as you can see, I went for the snap buttons this time. Much easier and faster. Especially if you have one of those tool kits for applying the snaps which makes the whole process MUCH easier.
Erm. I might have cut the collar in the wrong direction. Now I have breakdancing zebras on the collar. I wish I had more of this fabric so I could re-cut the collar, but sadly I don't. Let's pretend it's intentional. It'll be our little secret.
Like I said last time, I really like the shape and look of this shirt. And even though the pattern is categorized under "Advanced" I think it's not that hard to make even if you might label yourself as a Beginner or somewhere between the two. There are all those handy-dandy schematics to illustrate the steps and hold your hand through the process.